Hugely Unpopular President Simulator
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You are a hugely unpopular president. You are also a giant, for some reason. In order to raise your popularity, you have decided to use your status as a giant to stomp around and squash out the resistance. Literally.
This is a Goat Simulator style "Smash-Em-Up" where you get points for causing chaos. Unlike Goat Sim, you can be defeated. You can destroy stuff, obviously just by ramming into it at high speeds, being a giant with a high mass. You also have Abilities (think Overwatch) that can do other things, such as blasting down stuff in front of you, or disabling all the things nearby, like Sombra's EMP. Do enough damage, and you'll charge your Ultimate ability, and can cause even MORE chaos! How long can you last, and how much damage can you cause? Share your high-scores, and I'll keep the top scores up to date here.
(Please remember: This is supposed to be a really derpy satire game. If you're enraged by my depiction of the hugely unpopular president, then I'm doing my job, at least to some extent. If you're having a laugh about how ridiculous things are, I'm definitely doing my job. Laughter is the best medicine, they always say, and in times as dark as these, it's good to step back from the chaos every now and then and laugh at it.)
- WASD to move
- Q/E to turn either direction
- R for your first ability, which blasts stuff away in front of you
- T for your second ability, which disables nearby enemies temporarily
- F for your third ability, which is a self-heal
- V for your ultimate ability, which charges up after destroying stuff, and essentially combos the above three and makes them more powerful (I'll add a charge counter on the GUI later)
- You are a hugely unpopular president represented by a bean w/ vaguely orange-tinted hair. Idk, playermodels are too much work
- You are in a city of resistance that needs to be squashed. Get points for destroying things, get more points from collateral damage, and get a super epic combo for maximum point-gathering
- Use abilities to cause further chaos, heal yourself, and more
- Get insulted by protestors with witty signs who are also inexplicably giants because videogame logic
- Enjoy a patriotic health bar background
- Get really salty when you fall off the map
- Light your computer on fire by accident by ulting and causing all the buildings in the city to explode into thousands of rigidbodies
- Insult the developer for their apparent political views
- Play w/ speakers and jumpscare everyone around you the first time you press "R" to use that ability
Made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 38. Quotes used under fair use (and if satire is no longer considered fair use, then we as a species have failed) and come from various online repositories of ridiculous Trump quotes.
May or may not be expanded post-jam to include such features as:
- More playable characters (e.g; a giant chicken, because why not?)
- More gameplay (Win conditions, for instance)