LD44: Powerbot 9001
A downloadable game
You are a robot. Your home factory is malfunctioning and extremely lethal. You need to get out, but beware - it's large, sprawling, and dangerous. You'll need to gather various upgrades in order to have a shot at making it to the exit, and be careful with your weapon use - while they have their own batteries, *recharging* them draws power from your own, which provide shields and...well, life.
Adventure through three "worlds", collect valuable artifacts (such as a solar panel for reacharging in light auras, or springs for your legs to maximize jump height), and scavenge up a combat-ready loadout to defend yourself against the facility's decrepit droids.
This is a highly-experimental proc-genned sidescroller aiming to provide one of the first (?) ever roguelite/Metroidvania mash-ups. Death is permanent, facilities are random, and you have one sitting to beat the game - though it's not too hard, especially if you turn down the map size. Swap your weapons at podiums around the map, gather max-battery upgrades, and occasional Artifacts that grant you new abilities, like higher jumps or better health-regen in Solar Auras. When you can survive the deadly Miasma with the aid of the small Solar Aura zones inside it, make a beeline through it to find the exit hatch!
- A/D: Move left and right, respectively.
- Spacebar: Jump.
- Q: Toggle if your weapons are out or not. When your weaponry is holstered, moving is easier & quicker.
- F: Toggle between your two weapon slots.
- R: Recharge your currently held weapon.
- X: Interact with an item on the ground.
- LMB: Shoot at things.
WITH THANKS TO
- LAEMEUR & Zeh Fernando for making the Perfect DOS VGA font series, used in all the menu GUI and whatnot.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.